Re: losing mails

Alexandre Rossi on Friday 21 Jul 2006 17:16 wrote:

>> 3) Why is this happening and where might have the lost mails gone ?
>
> Try to put a catch-all rule at the end of your .procmailrc .
> Did you put a slash at the end of your procmail rule to instruct
> procmail to use the Maildir format?
>
> example :
> :0
>
> You needn't consider the cur/new stuff in procmail. Simply say Maildir/

This is something I was missing. My .procmailrc has only "Maildir" and not the
trailing "/"
I also didn't have a default delivery. That could have been the reason for some
mails disappearing. BTW, in no rule applies, where does procmail put those
mails ?

>> 4) What configuration settings people use on their laptops in the
>> context of mail ?
>
> I use UUCP over SSH. It's great for laptops if you own a server.
> To use your laptop with gmail, the difficult part is sending mail.
> There is an howto but it seems complicated.
> http://souptonuts.sourceforge.net/postfix_tutorial.html

I tried it. But it didn't work. Looks to be a known issue.
Instead I shifted to exim4 which works like a charm with gmail.

Just in case someone else also wants to refer:
http://wiki.debian.org/GmailAndExim4

Thanks,
Ritesh
--