losing mails

Hi,

On my laptop I run Postfix to send mails. I receive mails from my
gmail account using fetchmail.

I'm using Maildir format for mail storage. In Postfix, I'm using
procmail for mail delivery.
I've also set certain rules in my .procmailrc file to filter mails.

Recently I've been noticing that even though fetchmail fetches mails
and flushes them to Postfix, under Maildir I don't see those mails.

I looked into Procmail's log file and verified that procmail did copy
the mail to Maildir/cur folder but physically I didn't find the mail
over there.

I'm now worried because I don't know how many such mails I've lost.

1) Is safecat the only safe utility for mail delivery to Maildir.
2) Should I instead use Qmail.
3) Why is this happening and where might have the lost mails gone ?
4) What configuration settings people use on their laptops in the
context of mail ?
5) Is there any good Email Laptop HOWTO ?

Please CC me. I'm not subscribed to the list.

Ritesh
--
Ritesh Raj Sarraf
RESEARCHUT -- http://www.researchut.com