Re: Trying Debian?

When I tried the kubuntu 5.10, the disk partitioner didn't start up, it hanged on the pcmcia, etc... so in the end i got a bit discouraged and went (again) to centOS.

But I got the 1280x800 resolution working!!! :-) At least, i think it is the right resolution since my letters are now much more crispy and clear looking.

Is there really a world of difference between cent OS and kubuntu? I've now subscribed to both debian-laptop and kubuntu mailinglists... and wondered if i can still get help from these lists.

Anyway, thanks for the kind help and suggestions,
Cheers,
Johan