Re: 16 mb problem

Sebastian Tennant wrote:
> What are you on Matej?  Even if were worth considering, where can you find
> a copy of Windows 98 easily?  You definitely can't download one!!!

Did anybody actually tried to *work* with X-Window on 16MB RAM? And to run
some useful applications on that? I am not afraid that twm, icewm, fluxbox
or guys like that wouldn't be able to run, but what could you do with them
aside from running a plenty of xterms? OK, maybe some emacs. What the
original poster planned to do with the laptop?

And I have never suggested downloading Windows, of course -- there is always
some old installation CD (or floppy drives) lying around ... and it maybe
even legal, who knows? :-)

Matej

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in his shoes. That
way, if he gets angry, he'll be a mile away -- and barefoot.
      -- J.D. Salinger
         The Catcher in the Rye