Re: 16 mb problem

Matej Cepl wrote:
> Ogz wrote:
>
>>What do you suggest? Do i have to install x-window-system, is there any
>>window-environment that doesnt require x-window package?
>

> I am sorry but I am afraid that the answers are "get better computer", "yes,
> definitively", "M$-Windows 98" (it has much less requirements for hardware,
> I believe).
>
> Matěj

What are you on Matej?  Even if were worth considering, where can you find a
copy of Windows 98 easily?  You definitely can't download one!!!

Stick with Linux, x-window-core and any number of lightweight window managers.
One of the lightest is twm (`the window manager') which  comes with
x-window-core.  Not many people use twm though because it is _so_ basic.

Do a quick google for 'window manager linux' and you'll soon find your way.
Here's a link to a fluxbox review:

http://www.linux.org/lessons/short/fluxbox/

And here's a link to an old LinuxGazette article:

http://linuxgazette.net/issue57/arndt.html

I've heard icewwm is fast and light but with enough features to keep you interested.

sebyte