Re: WiFi Problems (It doesn't work properly)

On Thu, 2005-10-06 at 10:04 -0400, David R. Litwin wrote:
> I certainly hope that this can clear up some of the confusion. It is
> rather diff cult to describe all of this with out being able to show
> you precisely what the whole shebang looks like. My apologies if it is
> still incomprehensible: I encourage questions which can clarify!

I have only read the discussion and didn't participate in it, yet. It is
rather difficult to get an idea of your setup. However, there is one
thing that I'd like to mention. In one of your mails, you talked about
pppoeconf, which is what you 'normally use to connect to the internet'.
What do you need that for? You say that you use DSL, 'which seems to do
every thing automatically'. If that is so, then you should only need to
set up a network connection to the DSL modem.

>From what I read, you have a combined DSL modem/router/wireless AP.
Normally, the modem takes care of the connection with your ISP. So, if
the modem is configured correctly, all you need to do is get your own
network working.

Koen