Slow Orinoco Wifi on Sarge

Nothing like following up to your own post...

I went back and did try the laptop with windows -- STILL
SLOW.  I swapped in an earlier version of
the access point (Netgear MR814).  IT WORKS.  Upload
and download speeds at 5-6 Mb/sec, possibly limited
by WEP on access point?? Slow CPU?? I don't care. It is
fast enough.  Remote X works fine.

Root cause was definitely in the Netgear 814v2
access point.  There are reports of flakey behaviour
with this AP on the internet, and I recently updated
the firmware, and did follow netgear's recipe to the
letter (did not erase previous settings).  If I had
time I would investigate, but not this week.

Thanks for the forum.

-- Robert Neff