Re: Moving from XFree to xorg with Debian sid

Dave Patterson wrote:
deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ stable main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ testing main contrib non-free

deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free
deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/ unstable main contrib non-free

deb http://www.stanchina.net/~flavio/debian-fglrx-xorg/ ./

Package: *
Pin: release a=testing
Pin-Priority: 700

Package: *
Pin: release a=stable
Pin-Priority: 650

Package: *
Pin: release a=unstable
Pin-Priority: 600

APT::Cache-Limit "16777216";

Just let me be sure I understand. With a setup similar to the above:

1) "aptitude install PKG1" would be installing PKG1 from testing

2) "aptitude update; aptitude upgrade" would be upgrading packages with new releases from testing

3) "aptitude install PKG1/unstable" would upgrade from the current testing package PKG1 release to the unstable PKG1 version

In this case, if I use command 2 next time, will it keep on tracking the unstable updates to PKG1 or never upgrade it since it only tracks testing as default ??

Thank you to all of you for your very kind and knowledgeable help (while I find the #debian channel almost useless :().

Bob