Moving from XFree to xorg with Debian sid

I have a Thinkpad T40 (ATI Rad M9 1400x1050 panel) Debian system tracking sid.

AFAIK I should be running Debian's version of XFree rel 4.3.0.

dpkg -l |grep xfree

xfree86-common 6.8.2.dfsg.1-7 X Window System infrastructure transitional package ii xserver-xfree86 4.3.0.dfsg.1-14 the XFree86 X s erver

I would like to completely substitute the current X system to the latest Xorg versions.

What would be the reccomended way of doing so ?

Thank you very much.
Bob

PS: I am still stuck in the orrible situation of having a beautiful desktop but of not being able to show it off on an external projector :( :(

Talking on "Open Source and IT Security" in a few days and in this moment will be forced to use Winblows to drive the projector :( :( :( What a shame !