Re: Moving from XFree to xorg with Debian sid

Matej Cepl wrote:
For KDE 3.4.1 you do not need pinning at all. This is the line
to /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://pkg-kde.alioth.debian.org/kde-3.4.1/ ./

Thank you Matej.

Is upgrading from 3.3 to 3.4.1 in an etch environment known to be safe ? I'd hate to breaks things again now that they appear to be smooth but I also read of interesting improvements amongst which speed improvements with 3.4

If I understand your reply to Luca, the 3.4 in experimental are compiled with gcc > 3.3. Sorry for the non-programmer question but what problems would that imply ?

Bob