Re: Moving from XFree to xorg with Debian sid

Colin Cotter wrote:
Dear list

There is a lot of chat about moving from Xfree to xorg on here. Could someone please explain the issues and reasons behind it? A link to a good web page would be fine.

Colin,
I can only give my idea of it and that is that most recent development activity seems to be more and more only on the xorg platform and therefore if you need some new capability or if you like partecipating in active development/debugging you might be better on xorg.

My personal reason is that I am fighting like a wild gnu :) to get my T40 to be able to use an external projector to show presentations and that the configs I have been given to try out are all xorg based.

Alas I am still unable to obtain a non distorted image on the projectors I am trying to use :( :(

Bob

PS Please take a little more time to trim replied messages out of unnecessary stuff and usually try to reply below the quoted text.