Re: Suspend-to-ram kills touchpad

On Fri, 2005-09-23 at 13:13 +1000, John O'Hagan wrote:
> means I have to do a hard shutdown...not good! Unfortunately I can't remember
> which particular setting I changed to make this happen.

:-/ That happens to all of us sometimes...

> Given that these problems don't occur with S4 suspend, would it be reasonable
> to suspect that the input devices are initialized early in the boot process
> (on my hardware at least), and that this stage is skipped in S3 resume?

To be honest, I wouldn't know. But I'd say that if you unload all the
related modules and load them again after resuming, they should
initialize all the hardware again. I do think that S3 is more
complicated than S4, since there is more interaction between the OS and
the BIOS. So, all I can suggest is to see if there is a BIOS update
available for your machine. Or try the newest ACPI patches. Or wait for
the next kernel version and hope it get fixed 'magically' in the
future... You may also consider mailing the suspend2 list: even if it
has nothing to do with the suspend2 implementation, there are likely to
be more people there that have experience with S4 as well.

Koen