Re: Opinions of Sony Vaio VGN-A417S for Debian

Luca Pireddu wrote:

I'll dispute the claim that "Sony make the least Linux-friendly laptops." I own a Sony vaio s360 and it works great. In fact, almost everything worked right out of the box. However, it doesn't meet your 17" screen criterion.

Luca
Luca,

Thanks for the reply.

I probably will go with this laptop, but there are a couple of posts which concerns me slightly:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-laptop/2005/07/msg00426.html [Difficulty with graphics card] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2005/07/msg00758.html [Difficulty with installer]

As a newbie, I'm not so sure that using a 'daily' release would be right for me.

What do you think?

Regards,
James.