Re: Debian on Slow laptops. What setup is best?

Koen Vermeer:
> On Wed, 2005-06-22 at 13:01 +0200, Benedek Frank wrote:
>
> > How can I get rid of KDE and Gnome? apt-get uninstall kde gnome ??

No, but look at their dependencies (and the dependencies'
dependencies...) and try to remove what you don't need. Sound tedious?
-It is.

> I'd be a bit more cautious, because you might end up removing apps that
> you still like to use, even if occasionally. You'll have to know what
> packages are depending on either gnome or kde.

There are none (I think, haven't looked). kde and gnome are just
metapackages depending on everything the developers consider to be part
of Gnome/KDE.

J.
--
In idle moments I remember former lovers with sentimental tenderness.
[Agree]   [Disagree]