Re: Debian on Slow laptops. What setup is best?

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:01:31 +0200, Benedek Frank writes:
>I have realized that. Actually, having the machine rebootet, with KDM and KDE
>taken out of auto-start, I got a much prettier picture, and a responsive
>system. ALready half-success. When I dont start this kmail prog, I have 140MB
>free mem. Yes, more than half of what I have. Firefox eats up 20 or so. I
>still have 120 left. At that point, I start Kmail, and slowly, about one
>minute it starts, and I will have 20 MB left. So it eats 100MB or RAM. That
>is weird. One weird program. It starts all these programs with it

>This is unacceptable. I am looking for a NEW email client. I like a GUI email
>client, that has features such as putting emails to the folders I want them
>to go (filtering) and has support for more than one POP account. Any takers
>on this? Will pine do this for me? Can it use the maildir format?

fetchmail for getting the mail, procmail for sorting and (ex)mh for
 reading/composing. I have this setup since my workstation was a
 Pentium-1/60 MHz ;)

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /