Re: OSS community interaction (was: Re: *** bluber *** Re: Male xxxxxx enhancement formula^)

On Sun, 2005-05-29 at 12:08 +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Ian,
>
> Every day I get tonns of messages "unsubscribe" into my BOX.
>
> Maybe we can send a monthly REMINDER, which inform the user on which
> Mailinglists she/he is subscribed and how she/he can do unsubscribing ?
>
> I think, adding such monthly REMINDER is well acceptable.
>
> What Do you think about ?

I think that's not a bad idea.  I have those sort of messages on all of
the other (non-debian) lists that I'm on.  I have them automatically
filtered.  On the other hand... that's Yet Another piece of email.  :/

If we were to have a monthly email along those lines, it should be
titled something like "List FAQ and List removal (unsubscription)
instructions".

FWIW, I just went looking, and there is indeed a web form for
unsubscription.  (At http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/unsubscribe ).

We already have the how-to-unsubscribe message attached to most
messages.  Perhaps we should ask the list maintainers to change that to
point to the URL, instead.  If we were to have a monthly mailing list
reminder, it should definitely include the web form.

-Ian