Re: *** bluber *** Re: Male xxxxxx enhancement formula^

On Sun, May 29, 2005 at 12:43:50AM -0400, Matej Cepl wrote:
> Bill Moseley wrote:
> > Frankly, I love being cc'd on mailing lists.  And I never see
> > duplicates due to the common procmail trick:
> >
> >     :0 Wh: msgid.lock
> >     | formail -D 8192 $HOME/msgid.cache
> >
> > Not too hard to implement.
> >
> > There's a few reasons why I like them.
>
> Except that there are some people (like me) who are reading many lists
> (actually as many as possible) via gmane.org, so additional email message
> is just plainly annoying. And the fact that Cc: to you fixes some of your
> problems doesn't mean, that you should annoy us.

It doesn't fix any of my problems.  I'm saying it doesn't bother me,
and I can deal with it either way.  That's why I run linux -- so I
can deal with this stuff on my own.  I'm not telling others that they
should be send CC's, other than I'm recommending it in mail headers.
I'm not sending out mail bitching that I'm not getting the CCs.  I
can't imaging trying to convince thousands of list subscribers (and
the potential ones, too) to send CCs.

If you don't want to read email from a email list then I assume you
filter to /dev/null any mail with that header, right?  Bcc: will slip
through.  Oh well.  How long does it take one to delete those?
Compared to, say, how much time you spent on this thread?  That's my
point, of course.

Cool thing about wireless in cafes is that you can now spend extra
time online deleting CCs.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley@hank.org