Re: X.org 6.8.2

Sven Arvidsson wrote:

gustavo halperin wrote:
I almost try it, but isn't the problem.
There is also a problem with a "LD_LIBRARY_PATH", the aren't contain the "/usr/X11R6/lib"
and nothing almost is work at the time that I add manually this path.
After it if I try manually for example the next command:
> setxkbmap <some parameters>
Always I receive the next error:
> Error loading new keyboard description.

That looks like some bug in the process of : "make install" from the X.org.
Before it I wasn't this problems with the XFree86 4.3.

Did you follow this guide?
http://blogs.vislab.usyd.edu.au/index.php/Steve/2004/09/09/installing_a_non_intrusive_x

Especially the steps about adding the corrects paths to
LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
Hopefully debian packages for Xorg will show up in the exeperimental
archive soon.

Also, don't answer back to me directly, but back to the list so all
can read :-)

Yes, thanks,
I found it yesterday and then the think start to work for me, maybe in the future I will reinstall the X.org like is explain there from the begin, by now I just fix the '/usr/X11R6.8/lib/X11/xkb/xkbcomp' (I didn't put it in the local place) and also
add to the file '~/xsession' the next lines:
   export PATH=/usr/X11R6/bin/:$PATH
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
   export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/X11R6/lib/pkgconfig/

I didn't fix yet a little problem with the Hebrew chars, I made by now a little work
around.
Secondary I'm currently using the 'trident' driver, instead the 'vesa' driver that I used before for my Toshiba Portege R100 (graphics driver name: Cyber-XP4), now I doesn't need to change to the virtual terminal (Ctrl+Alt+Fn) when I start X in order to see the correct colors, but the trident drivers work a little more slow. Any way I will
wait for the next versions of this driver.

By the way, so my problems with this installation was a bug of the X.org or what ???

Really thank for not forgot me.

 Gustavo Halperin