Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 01:11:35PM +1000, Ryan Heise wrote:
> - netinstall doesn't include up-to-date network card drivers, and can't
>   detect my network card.
> - a full CD install requires 14 CDs, which is too many.

Someone offered me a third option by private email (thanks!)

The CD install actually works even if you only have the first of 14 CDs.
You can download as few or as many of the CDs as you like (minimum 1),
with the later CDs containing the packages that are less popular.

The strategy if you can't get netinst to work, then, is to download the
first of the 14 CDs and install the base system. Then download the
network card driver you need, compile it (I hope the tools to compile it
are on the first CD..) and install it.

Then use your network card to download and install the rest of the
system.

Ryan.