Re: Kernel 2.6.xx

Or, do something revolutionary:
Use the netinstall...  but it depends *how* short on bw you are.  For a
simple system, you are probably looking at around 640M downloaded.

On Mon, 2005-04-11 at 16:41 +1000, Ryan Heise wrote:
<snip>
> According to:
>
>     http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/weekly/i386/
>
> there are 14 CDs in the set, which seems a bit too many for me as I am
> short on both CDs and bandwidth. Is there a minimum subset that will
> work?
<snip>

The minimum subset is the set of packages that you need.  Get 'em
direct!

Use this page to get a network iso for sarge:

aptitude is your friend for not needing to dl 14 isos!  (Besides, it is
more polite to use the netinstall, 'cause every meg that you download is
a meg that the debian project has to serve.)

-Ian