[OT] Looking for advice on buying a new laptop

Hi list:

So, basically I'm about to buy a used Thinkpad T23 from IBM. I really
like the little thing, I have used one before and liked the feeling.
But the questions are,
Are the Thinkpads really worth the extra buck or is it just the
brandname? Are they really that linux/debian friendly or they are just
like any other laptops?

Thank you guys/gals

Ing. Hugo S. Carrer
Laboratorio de Comunicaciones Digitales UNC
Tel./Fax: +54 351-4334147 Int.105
http://lcd.efn.uncor.edu
-----
Never seem more learned than the people you are with.
Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden.
Do not pull it out to count the hours,
but give the time when you are asked. -Lord Chesterfield