Re: mouse problem

On 29 Mar 2003 18:54:59 +0100 francois@tourde.org (Franηois TOURDE) wrote:
>  Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos@freemail.gr> writes:
>
>  > Section "InputDevice"
>  >         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>  >         Driver          "mouse"
>  >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>  >         Option          "CorePointer"
>  >         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2" #"IMPS/2"
>  >         #Option         "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
>  >         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>  >         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
>  > EndSection
>  >
>  >
>  > Section "InputDevice"
>  >         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
>  >         Driver          "mouse"
>  >         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>  >         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>  >         #Option         "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
>  >         #Option         "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>  >         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
>  >         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
>  > EndSection
>
>  Just to remember the situation... You have 2 mice.. First one is the touchpad
>  embeded on your C840, second one is a USB mouse..
>
>  Is that right ?

Yes and no,I don't have USB mouse.If you read my first post you will see that I am
using
PS/2  mouse

>  In this case, your X11 config seems correct, just you must uncomment one of the
>  two 'protocol' options... Choose the one is correct (Depend on your mouse)
>
>  > Section "ServerLayout"
>  >         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>  >         Screen          "Default Screen"
>  >         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>  >         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
>  >         InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
>  > EndSection
>  >

>  This ServerLayout allow you to use both mice. I've the same, and it works.
>
>  > I went to the bios,A10 version, and put also PS/2 to the option about mouse
>  > but I the problem
>  > is still here:(
>
>  You put PS/2 on the 'TouchPAD' section of your BIOS ? ... I do the same. It
>  works.
I the section 4 of 7 in my bios I put "PS/2 Mouse" in Pointing Device field,
in order to disable the touch pad when I have PS/2 connected .

>  > >  For a test, just use the generic mouse (standard bios touchpad) and check
>  > >  if the BIOS config is okay (must probably be declared as COM1).
>  >
>  > What exaclty do you mean?
>
>  It's just a mistake... Brain shuffle probably :)
>
>  You can try two tests...
>
>  1) Comment your first mouse InputDevice in the ServerLayout, restart X, and
>  tell us what XFree86.0.log say
When I comment the configured mouse which is the corepointer the X don't start and
in the log
**) |-->Input Device "Generic Mouse"
(EE) No core pointer device specified
(EE) Unable to determine the screen layout
(EE) Error from xf86HandleConfigFile()

Fatal server error:
no screens found
If I put Option  "CorePointer" for the Generic mouse and try to only this mouse
in the ServerLayout and do restart then I don't have mouse!!!

>  2) Do the same with the second mouse.

>  And tell me what kind of USB mouse do you use, and what kind of message you
>  got when you plug/unplug the device.
I am using IntelliMouse  1.3a PS/2 Compatible

Do you configure the X config to use as a core pointer the touchpad?
Since I have enabled to the bios to use the touchpad only when  I don't have
external mouse plugin
I am thinking to set all the necessary option for the touch pad in the Configured
Mouse section
and do the same thing for my PS/2 in Generic Mouse.
WHat to do ypu think?

Regards,
PAvlos