Re: mouse problem

Hi,

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 08:25:14PM +0200, Pavlos Parissis wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am running Debian 3.0.r1 on Dell latitude c840 and when
> I disconnect the PS/2 mouse,M$ Intellinouse PS/2, and then
> connect it again I lose the mouse. When I reconnect the PS/2
> mouse the touch pad also is disabled. I have to restart X or go
> to console and get back to X in order to have again mouse!

[..]

> Any idea why is this happening?
>
> Pavlos

I'm not 100% sure, but I've always thought that THIS is not problem,
but this is feature, because that's how PS/2 works.
AFAIK PS/2 mice cannot be unplugged once driver for them is loaded,
after that they will stop working (it is not feature of Linux, try it
in M$ Window$).

After restarting X, the driver is reloaded and mouse will start
working again.

Maybe I am wrong, if so, someone corect me, please.

Bye.
 Martin Kacerovsky      <wizard@matfyz.cz>   http://wizard.matfyz.cz
 PGP 0x4CEC2A62 : 84F6 C043 AC1A 1591 ED80  9498 30C4 7ABE 4CEC 2A62