mouse problem

Hello All,
I am running Debian 3.0.r1 on Dell latitude c840 and when I disconnect the PS/2
mouse,M$ Intellinouse PS/2, and the connect it again I lose the mouse. When I
reconnect the PS/2 mouse the touch pad also is disabled. I have to restart X or go
to console and get back to X in order to have again mouse!

in /etc/gpm.conf  I have

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=
type=fuimps2
append=""
sample_rate=

and in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
        Option          "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
        #Option         "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"

and also
root:/home/pparisis# ll /dev/mouse
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 Μάρ 23 00:20 /dev/mouse -> /dev/gpmdata

Any idea why is this happening?

Pavlos

--
I love having the feeling of being in control

The surfer of life
GnuPG Key: FB1E6AE7
Fingerprint  A9AE EA0C EE1F FBD0 5B6F  3F77 2782 EFE2 FB1E 6AE7
Get my key here: http://users.hol.gr/~p_pavlos/pubpgpkey.txt