Re: mouse problem

Pavlos Parissis <p_pavlos@freemail.gr> writes:

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "PS/2" #"IMPS/2"
>         #Option         "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
>         Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection
>

> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/input/mice"
>         #Option         "Protocol"              "ExplorerPS/2"
>         #Option         "Protocol"              "ImPS/2"
>         Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "true"
>         Option          "ZAxisMapping"          "4 5"
> EndSection

Just to remember the situation... You have 2 mice.. First one is the touchpad
embeded on your C840, second one is a USB mouse..

Is that right ?

In this case, your X11 config seems correct, just you must uncomment one of the
two 'protocol' options... Choose the one is correct (Depend on your mouse)

> Section "ServerLayout"
>         Identifier      "Default Layout"
>         Screen          "Default Screen"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Keyboard"
>         InputDevice     "Configured Mouse"
>         InputDevice     "Generic Mouse"
> EndSection

This ServerLayout allow you to use both mice. I've the same, and it works.

> I went to the bios,A10 version, and put also PS/2 to the option about mouse but I
> the problem
> is still here:(

You put PS/2 on the 'TouchPAD' section of your BIOS ? ... I do the same. It works.

> >  For a test, just use the generic mouse (standard bios touchpad) and check
> >  if the BIOS config is okay (must probably be declared as COM1).
>
> What exaclty do you mean?

It's just a mistake... Brain shuffle probably :)

You can try two tests...

1) Comment your first mouse InputDevice in the ServerLayout, restart X, and tell us
what XFree86.0.log say

2) Do the same with the second mouse.

And tell me what kind of USB mouse do you use, and what kind of message you
got when you plug/unplug the device.

--
We are MicroSoft.  You will be assimilated.  Resistance is futile.
(Attributed to B.G., Gill Bates)