Re: CompactFlash PC Card Adapter

Werner Heuser <Werner.Heuser@web.de> writes:

> > Thats what I am actually trying! But I never had success bulding a 2.4
> > Kernel without pcmcia and the pcmcia-cs. I allways missed something so
> > that something didn't work. But I am going to give it a try ...
> > Will report success here...
>
> There are two completely different approaches for PCMCIA-CS support
> in the 2.4 series and they are mutually exclusive, see README-2.4
> in the PCMCIA-CS package. Try to start by _disabling_ any
> PCMCIA support in the Kernel and leave it to the PCMCIA package
> itself, `make config' for this package will make the right
> decision for you. If really doesn't work, enable support in
> the Kernel and don't forget to change the driver in
> /etc/default/pcmcia.conf then.

Sorry that took a while but half a liter beer knocked out my Notebook
for one week ... know it is back working properly!

But the PCMCIA Adapter for my CF Card still doesn't work!

I compiled a new Kernel (2.4.20) without pcmcia support. Then I
compiled the pcmcia sources from the woody Distribution (used
make-kpg) before installing the debs i removed the pcmcia packages and
the /etc/pcmcia directory ... But the error is still the same ...

cs: unable to map card memory!
cs: unable to map ....

cardctl ident no product info available ....

BTW know the D-Link Cardbus Nic doesn't work too ....

Ok I will try to remove the pcmcia packages again an compile thhe
newest Version of pcmcia-cs from sourceforg.

Any other Hints here?

Thanks for help?

Florian

--