Re: CompactFlash PC Card Adapter

Werner Heuser <Werner.Heuser@web.de> writes:

> > Shure you are right! But cardctl ident just says:
> > No product info available
> > So what should I enter here?
>
> Very bad. You may search for a firmware update or

As far as I know the passive PCMCIA Compact Flash to PCCard Adapters
doesn't have a firmware. And as I wrote it wored under mandrake 8.2
perfectly ....

> try dump_cis from the pcmcia-cs package to reveal data
> from the card. Or try the latest pcmcia-cs tools
> from http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net

Thats what I am actually trying! But I never had success bulding a 2.4
Kernel without pcmcia and the pcmcia-cs. I allways missed something so
that something didn't work. But I am going to give it a try ...
Will report success here...

Thanks for Help Florian

--
Florian Reichert