Re: CompactFlash PC Card Adapter

> As far as I know the passive PCMCIA Compact Flash to PCCard Adapters
> doesn't have a firmware. And as I wrote it wored under mandrake 8.2
> perfectly ....

Yes the adapter doesn't have any firmware but the
CF card you are using in it.

Since it worked with Mandrake there is a chance that your PCMCIA
configuration isn't right. But as far as I remember you have
tested it with another card already.

> Thats what I am actually trying! But I never had success bulding a 2.4
> Kernel without pcmcia and the pcmcia-cs. I allways missed something so
> that something didn't work. But I am going to give it a try ...
> Will report success here...

There are two completely different approaches for PCMCIA-CS support
in the 2.4 series and they are mutually exclusive, see README-2.4
in the PCMCIA-CS package. Try to start by _disabling_ any
PCMCIA support in the Kernel and leave it to the PCMCIA package
itself, `make config' for this package will make the right
decision for you. If really doesn't work, enable support in
the Kernel and don't forget to change the driver in
/etc/default/pcmcia.conf then.

Werner

--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe_AT_mobilix.org>      T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86