Re: CompactFlash PC Card Adapter

> Sorry that took a while but half a liter beer knocked out my Notebook
> for one week ... know it is back working properly!

Don't drink and drive ;-)

> But the PCMCIA Adapter for my CF Card still doesn't work!

As mentioned sometimes before the PCMCIA adapter is not the
cause of the problem. Please refer always to the card which
causes trouble.

> I compiled a new Kernel (2.4.20) without pcmcia support. Then I
> compiled the pcmcia sources from the woody Distribution (used
> make-kpg) before installing the debs i removed the pcmcia packages and
> the /etc/pcmcia directory ... But the error is still the same ...

Why don't you just follow the recommendation I have given already?
Take the latest PCMCIA-CS package from its original source!

> cs: unable to map card memory!
> cs: unable to map ....
>
> cardctl ident no product info available ....
Again.
Why don't you just follow the recommendation I have given already?
What about dump_cis and what about a firmware update?

> BTW know the D-Link Cardbus Nic doesn't work too ....

Please tell more details. What error messages occur? Which
card is it exactly? Which driver and PCMCIA-CS version you are using?

	Werner
--
|=| Werner Heuser = Keplerstr. 11A = D-10589 Berlin = Germany
|=| <wehe_AT_mobilix.org>      T. 0049 - (0)30 - 349 53 86