Re: Wireless and 2.6 status ?

Hi,

I do not know much (especially 2.6 kernel) but ...

On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 03:27:40PM +0100, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> On 31 Dec 2003, Xavier Maillard<zedek@gnu-rox.org> stated:
> > On 31 Dec 2003, Andrew McMillan<andrew@catalyst.net.nz> said:
> >> On Thu, 2004-01-01 at 00:16, Xavier Maillard wrote:
> > <snip>
> What is weird here is:
>
> * I set the mode to manager and it speaks about Ad-hoc
> * The -110 error which I don't know much more :(
>
> Please, I really need help. I have regrets when thinking all worked
> pretty well under 2.4.x kernel series.
>
> Also note that I defined wireless extension to use into
> /etc/network/interfaces file and not through /etc/pcmcia/wireless.opts
> (as recommended into /usr/share/doc/wireless_tools/README.gz)

Well... ifupdown package and pcmcia does not play nice.  People has
preffered style and you need to know few things.  I would recommends you
to read what Thomas Woods says in my "Debian Reference".

Due to recent Debian host issues, latest version is at:
 http://qref.sourceforge.net/Debian/reference/ch-gateway.en.html

He recommends not to use pcmcia package to fool around and focus on
using hotplug etc.

I still see many people suggest hacking around /etc/pcmcia/* but this is
bad idea.  I think 2.6 uses more hotplug features.

Osamu