Recommendation Wanted: Pentium-M with debian

Hy Folks.

Let me introduce myself, as i'm new on this list: I'm a student of
computer science from Erlangen, Germany, and I am going to buy a new
Notebook with an Pentium-M. I wanted to ask you which one you would
recommend.

I know that most WLAN onboard chips won't work, but that's
ok, because i will use an cardbus card instead.

I looked at IBM Thinkpad R40 Notebooks as well als Dell's Latitude
D400 and D500 notebooks. Both look promising. I've read many
controversial reports on the R40, most of them are complaining about not
working suspend features. Could you please comment on this?

Or recommend another brand?

Thank you for your responses.
Regards,
	Reinhard