Re: Recommendation Wanted: Pentium-M with debian

On Sat, 2003-10-04 at 16:09, Reinhard Tartler wrote:
> Hy Folks.
>
> Let me introduce myself, as i'm new on this list: I'm a student of
> computer science from Erlangen, Germany, and I am going to buy a new
> Notebook with an Pentium-M. I wanted to ask you which one you would
> recommend.
>
> I know that most WLAN onboard chips won't work, but that's
> ok, because i will use an cardbus card instead.
>
> I looked at IBM Thinkpad R40 Notebooks as well als Dell's Latitude
> D400 and D500 notebooks.

When you look at the D500, i would go for the D600. They are basically
the same with one difference: The D500 uses a Intel Graphics Card with
shared memory and the D600 comes with ATI Radeon Mobility 9000 (M9). The
pricedifference is not that big, when you'll check it out.

I've got the D600 (howto, specs etc. at http://www.marlow.dk/dell_d600)
and i'm very satisfied with it.

Regards,
Martin List-Petersen
martin at list-petersen dot se
--
"It's the best thing since professional golfers on 'ludes."
-- Rick Obidiah