Re: mail synchronisation between laptop and desktop

mike dentifrice wrote:

> I don't want to leave mails on the server because I have limited storage
> space there. And I want to be able to do offline reading, since most
> places I travel to happen to be disconnected environents, or connected
> via a regular 33k6 modem (which means slow and expensive bandwidth).

Here is what I do:

I use fetchmail to get mail from numerous email accounts I have and place
the mail on an imap server at my house. Then, no matter which computer I am
using at home, I can access all of my new and old mail. When I am away from
home, I use ssh to log into my mail server at home. I then fire up mutt and
have access to all of my new and old mail.

This method, of course, depends on internet access. It does work pretty
well, however, with a dialup connection.

--
David Raeker-Jordan
mailto:david@raeker-jordan.net