Re: Debian setup freezes when trying to remove pcmcia

On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 02:37:46PM -0400, Bart Szyszka wrote:

> OK, the Xircom card, tulip_cb, and everything else now shows
> up and I get the beep, yet I still can't get a connection out of this
> thing. Apt isn't working and pinging random sites isn't working either.
> BTW, the connection is working just fine in WindowsMe.

The other option is to compile and install the re-designed tulip driver as
per

http://www.scyld.com/network/updates.html

Basically, tulip_cb has been split into cb_enabler, pci-scan, cb_shim and
tulip.

That is what I had to do to get my Linksys CardBus card working - I had
similar symptoms to yours.

You can try to find out whether your card matches one listed. There is also
a tulip mailing list that you could ask
(http://www.scyld.com/mailman/listinfo/tulip).

Good luck,
Petr