Re: Dell 8100

Hi Goran/Gero!

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 07:14:47PM +0200, Goran Ristic wrote:
> >  I've had Debian Stable, Testing and (now) Unstable on my I8000 notebook
> > without any problems. The only problem I've had was with Stable since
> > the xfree86 package included in Stable is so old.
> >
> >  I'm using X, apm (suspend), pcmcia (occasionally), the built-in modem
> > (ltmodem), the built-in ethernet adapter, the touchpad and 'nipple' on
> > 2.4.9.
>
> Did you get IRDA to work?

 I've played with it a bit, transfering .vcd's from my Siemens SL45 and
stuff but I don't really =use= IRDA.

> And what is with Suspend-to-Disk? Suspend over FN-<ESCAPE> works fine here. But
> I'm not sure, _which_ suspend it is.

 I'm pretty sure fn-<esc> does suspend to memory. I don't use
susp-2-disk. (What good is it really?)

> And is there already a solution for suspending the Laptop while
> running under X?

 I've heard reports of problems with X and suspend but I haven't
experienced any my self. Perhaps 'cause I don't use X very much.

 I did meet a German at HAL2001 (www.hal2001.org) who had problems with
suspend+X but he couldn't repeat it when I asked for a demonstration :)

--
//Björnen.