Re: Dell 8100

Hi Björn!

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Björn Eriksson wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 08:28:34PM -0700, Jeremy Vaught wrote:
> > I have the 8000 with the ATI Rage Mobility, and I still can't XFree86
> > running, it has been four months of pain.  I hold out hope for the next
> > release of X, but if that fails me, I'm going to have to go do RH.  (Better
> > than Windows I suppose, but still not Debian)
>
>  I've had Debian Stable, Testing and (now) Unstable on my I8000 notebook
> without any problems. The only problem I've had was with Stable since
> the xfree86 package included in Stable is so old.
>
>  I'm using X, apm (suspend), pcmcia (occasionally), the built-in modem
> (ltmodem), the built-in ethernet adapter, the touchpad and 'nipple' on
> 2.4.9.

Did you get IRDA to work?
And what is with Suspend-to-Disk? Suspend over FN-<ESCAPE> works fine here. But
I'm not sure, _which_ suspend it is.

And is there already a solution for suspending the Laptop while
running under X?

Thanks.
--
Regards, GR                                  | GnuPG-key on keyservers avaible
Muck, Dickbaer, Nane...                      | or mail -s 'get gpg-key'