Re: Dell 8100

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 08:28:34PM -0700, Jeremy Vaught wrote:
> I have the 8000 with the ATI Rage Mobility, and I still can't XFree86
> running, it has been four months of pain.  I hold out hope for the next
> release of X, but if that fails me, I'm going to have to go do RH.  (Better
> than Windows I suppose, but still not Debian)

 I've had Debian Stable, Testing and (now) Unstable on my I8000 notebook
without any problems. The only problem I've had was with Stable since
the xfree86 package included in Stable is so old.

 I'm using X, apm (suspend), pcmcia (occasionally), the built-in modem
(ltmodem), the built-in ethernet adapter, the touchpad and 'nipple' on
2.4.9.

--
//Björnen.