Re: Wireless ethernet problems (and apt-get)

On Sat, Oct 13, 2001 at 03:15:57PM -0400, Tiberian wrote:

> Alrighty, thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

> Thanks, I'm new to debian and it's working out well on my laptop, better
> then slackware, but the libraries and apt-get drive me nuts.  apt-get seems
> to have a wicked tendency to grab outdated libs (glibc and ncurses come to
> mind...)

josh,

you might want to change your /etc/apt/sources.list to point to a
different release status if you want the more recent packages.
see:

http://velox.act.cmis.csiro.au/debian/debtopics/node103.html
for an overview.

s.
-
Sergio J. Rey	http://typhoon.sdsu.edu/rey.html
GPG fingerprint =  16DB 4934 E0F1 B386 AE81  D379 914C 33E5 F690 95DF
To the optimist a glass is half full. To the pessimist a glass is half
empty. To the realist it is half a glass of water. To an economist you
need a smaller glass. To a scientist you need more water. To a chemist
it is merely Crystallized Silica and with H20. Know what you are; and
try to understand the others point of views.
                        - David K. Every