Re: Wireless ethernet problems (and apt-get)

Alrighty, thanks to everyone who helped me with this.

The break came when talking to one of their administrators I happened to run
into at a bar.  (Shades of "Free as in Beer"?)

He mentioned that the MAC addresses of all the wireless ethernet cards had
to be registered before they were allowed on the network.  I registered the
MAC address (via napkin-net) and lo and behold, the card magically worked
with the pump utility.  Not with full encryption, which is something I'm
sure wireless tools will do for me if I have the occaision to download them,
but it still can see the network and the internet.

Next problem is I needed to upgrade glibc and grabbed it from www.gtk.org.
Now I have a conflicted version.  Where does debian keep it's glibc so I can
kill 1.2.7 for 1.2.9?

Thanks, I'm new to debian and it's working out well on my laptop, better
then slackware, but the libraries and apt-get drive me nuts.  apt-get seems
to have a wicked tendency to grab outdated libs (glibc and ncurses come to
mind...)

--Josh Knarr