Re: Asus L8400 performance problem [was: Re: Asus L8400 with S3 savage: X-problem]

Thus spoke Andreas Stabaginski (staba@kawo1.rwth-aachen.de):

> Hi!
> I have the same Problem when I make much I/O on my System. So e.g.
> compiling a kernel results in shortly freezing X (two seconds freeze, a
> few seconds allright, freeze again and so on until compiling is finished).
>
> I can not even switch my consoles with <ALT> <Fx> (with or without X
> running) during compilation.
> Problem with Kernel 2.4.10 and 2.4.7.

The Laptop seems to be broken :-(. Yesterday I was so desperate, that I
tried to install SuSE: It couldn't load data in ramdisk, or it froze
while getting the packages via ftp.  At last I was not able to install
Windoze 95: freeze. (An very sloooow system during preparation (fdisk)
and installation...).

I brought it to the vendor today, I'll see.

Andreas