Asus L8400 performance problem [was: Re: Asus L8400 with S3 savage: X-problem]

Hi!
I have the same Problem when I make much I/O on my System. So e.g.
compiling a kernel results in shortly freezing X (two seconds freeze, a
few seconds allright, freeze again and so on until compiling is finished).

I can not even switch my consoles with <ALT> <Fx> (with or without X
running) during compilation.
Problem with Kernel 2.4.10 and 2.4.7.

If someone has this Laptop working fine, any hints welcome :-)
I don't know what more informations you kneed, if e.g. kernelconfig is
wanted, let me know.

Andreas