Re: Mouse Problems

> OK..  I know that gpm IS running, because when I was installing with
> apt-get, it stopped for a second and asked for a couple of configuration
> questions. I would actually like to have the best of both worlds (use the
> mouse in console as well as in X), but I'll disable gpm if I have to.

Shouldn't have to.  That's why /dev/gpmdata exists.  gpm
reads the mouse and passes the bytes onto /dev/gpmdata,
where X reads it.  At least that was the solution.  I
thought they'd fixed it in newer versions (mine is installed
this way out of habit)

BTW, you don't way wether GPM works?  (Get a console with
(Ctrl-Alt-F1, sign on, move mouse, cursor moves, right?)