Re: installing on laptop

Am Dienstag,  3. Juli 2001 18:18 schrieb Dan Cox:

> I am wondering how one would go about installing Debian on a laptop that
> has no cdrom or network card? Can I use a direct cable connection to my pc?
> If so what configurations do I need on the pc? Many thanks in advance.
>
> Dan Cox

I have just installed 2.2R2 on an IBM Thinkpad 755 without cdrom and network.
I`ve made the base installation by floppy`s, worked myself through
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Serial-Laplink-HOWTO/index.html , mounted the
cd by nfs on the laptop and installed the rest.
Maybe there is a better way, but this worked fine.

Greetings, Marcus