Re: Unable to boot from hdd with recent lilo/mbr packages!!!
- To: "Karsten M. Self" <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Unable to boot from hdd with recent lilo/mbr packages!!!
- From: Russell Coker <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 09:44:28 +0200
- Message-id: <0105300944281B.15928@lyta>
- Reply-to: Russell Coker <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- In-reply-to: <20010528122347.F9057@navel.introspect>
- References: <01052815505300.00656@Seaborg> <20010528122347.F9057@navel.introspect>
On Monday 28 May 2001 21:23, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Not sure if this matters or not. I've found that marking /dev/hda as
> bootable and installing lilo on this directly seems to work where
> booting a marked-bootable partition doesn't.
How do you mark /dev/hda as bootable? The bootable flag for /dev/hda1 etc is
stored in the first sector of /dev/hda, there is no support for marking
/dev/hda as bootable or non-bootable.
http://www.coker.com.au/bonnie++/ Bonnie++ hard drive benchmark
http://www.coker.com.au/postal/ Postal SMTP/POP benchmark
http://www.coker.com.au/projects.html Projects I am working on
http://www.coker.com.au/~russell/ My home page