Unable to boot from hdd with recent lilo/mbr packages!!!

Hello *,

Since 5 weeks after updating some packages from unstable (including
lilo and mbr) I am no longer able to boot my laptop from hdd!! :-(
After some investigations I found that lilo may be incompatible with
SystemSonft Bioses and so I tried to use boot-compat.b instead of
boot.b .

I tried a lot of different settings in lilo.conf but without sucess....
Just some additional infos that might help:
The problem startet with lilo hanging after LIL-
I then reran a newer version of lilo and then even this message
disappeared, now only the bios message which asks for a system
disk to be inserted is displayed. I even tried to run install-mbr
with different options still without success!!!

Heres is my lilo.conf and partition-table:

boot=/dev/hda2
root=/dev/hda4
# This file was created automatically by liloconfig
# Automatic creation, will do it every time
# run dpkg-reconfigure lilo if you want to change the way this operates
install=/boot/boot-compat.b
delay=20
map=/boot/map
vga=normal
lba32
read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
    label=Linux
other=/boot/vmlinuz.old
    label=OLD-Linux

                            Disk Drive: /dev/hda
                             Size: 6007357440 bytes
              Heads: 240   Sectors per Track: 63   Cylinders: 776

    Name  Flags       Part Type  FS Type     [Label]    Size(MB)
                              Unusable                                    7.75
    hda1                   Primary   OS/2 hidden C: drive  286.44
    hda2    Boot        Primary   Linux ext2                     7.75
    hda3                   Primary   Linux swap                100.64
    hda4                   Primary   Linux ext2                5604.81