Re: Suspend to disk.

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000, Walt Mankowski <waltman@netaxs.com> wrote:

[...]

>> Well, if you build a custom kernel with ACPI support turned on, and
>> it spots the ACPI stuff during boot, then you can use the matching
>> userland acpid and give it some rigorous testing. It really needs to
>> be beefed up, as it's clearly the future of BIOS-based power
>> management.
>
> Unfortunately it looks like that would require upgrading to one of the
> 2.4pre kernels.  Don't know if I'm up to that quite yet.  Anyone know
> how easy/hard that is to do with potato, or would I be better off
> upgrading to woody?

For what it's worth, I would recommend against going to the 2.4 kernels
only for ACPI. You are, I suspect, likely to find it less developed than
you would like.

It's in a fairly primitive state at the moment (to the best of my
knowledge; I am not a developer of it or anything).

I run 2.4 for other reasons and occasionally trial ACPI again but, at
the moment, stick with APM. It works and stuff. :)

        Daniel

--
Making art is quite therapeutic, like chopping vegetables, it calms me and
keeps me off the streets. If I wasn't making photographs or films, I would be