Re: Suspend to disk.

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 08:03:09PM -0700, Heather wrote:
> Try adding
> 	append="apm=on"
> to your lilo.conf stanza for your kernel.

Already tried that, no effect.

> Often reserved at the end of disk.  beware of accidentally writing over it
> if you haven;t found it...

There was a tiny (16 MB, I think) chunk of unassigned space at the end
of my drive.  It didn't seem big enough to store much of anything,
although now that I think of it I suppose it could be compressing
things.  Anyway, it's now part of my swap partition.  I'm pretty sure
Debian initialized it.  I'm not sure what that does, but it's still
working.

> You could try experimenting with ACPI, if the box is new enough to have
> that.  Gosh, I suppose it's possible you've found a beastie with ACPI and
> no APM?  I'm not sure how old or new that Presario is.

Perhaps.  How would I know?  There's nothing in the bios settings that
indicates it one way or the other.

I don't know when the Presasio 1700 came out, but I believe it's a
fairly recent model.  I bought it in early August 2000.

Walt