Re: Xircom RealPort modem(/eth) not working
- To: Mark Phillips <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Xircom RealPort modem(/eth) not working
- From: Florian Lohoff <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 26 Sep 1999 15:21:19 +0200
- Message-id: <19990926152119.B259@paradigm>
- In-reply-to: <E11V1ZX-000849-00@localhost>; from Mark Phillips on Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 11:49:43PM +0000
- References: <E11V1ZX-000849-00@localhost>
On Sat, Sep 25, 1999 at 11:49:43PM +0000, Mark Phillips wrote:
> I've recently installed Debian on a Toshiba Tecra 8000. I'm trying to
> get a Xircom RealPort Ethernet + Modem card working.
> I've compiled my own kernel (2.0.36) along with my own pcmcia modules
> package. I notice that "hot swap" doesn't seem to work. That is,
> when I push the card in or take the card out, the kernel doesn't seem
> to recognise that anything has changed.
> But fortunately running "/etc/init.d/pcmcia restart" seems to cause
> the card to be recognised. I then have tried to use the modem. When
> I use pon, plog waits for expect (OK) but never gets it! I thought it
> was because maybe /dev/ttyS0 was the wrong serial port, but no, even
> when I change it to /dev/ttyS1 it doesn't work.
> Does anyone know what's wrong?
The pcmcia utils - I had no luck with the 3.0.14 - Instead i debianized
the 3.1 pcmcia utils and those worked flawlessly ...
Currently running Toshiba Tecra 8000 and an IBM Thinkpad 390 with
the Cardbus Realport 10/100 + Modem without any problems ...
I worked around the 3.0.14 pcmcia utils bugs by using the
cardctl utility and suspending and resuming the cards. Afterwards
they were detected ok ...
Florian Lohoff firstname.lastname@example.org +49-5241-470566
... The failure can be random; however, when it does occur, it is
catastrophic and is repeatable ... Cisco Field Notice