[carlton.davis@bell.ca: Linux keep on crashing my labtop]

could you please help this guy?

Ciao, Hanno
--
|  Hanno Wagner  | Member of the HTML Writers Guild  | Rince@IRC      |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung meiner Email-Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |
| 74 a3 53 cc 0b 19 - we did it!          |    Generation @           |

#"Wir haben noch nix Blondes"
#	-- Nisi versucht Judith de.alt.arnooo schmackhaft zu machen.
--- Begin Message ---
I installed Debian 2.1 linux on my IBM Think Pad 770 with a 233MHz
Pentium MMX with 128MB of RAM on a 2GB disk partition. I am running
linux 3.0.36 kernel. The machine is dual bootable: M$ NT (not by choice)
and linux. The problem that I am encountering is that my linux
installation crashes my labtop just about every day since I installed
it. When it crashes everything "freezes"--even the power button. When
this happens the last entry in the syslog contains sometimes, multiple
entries of the following line:
 "Date_and_time my_machine_name -- MARK --"
Has anyone else encounter this phenomon? On my previous job my
workstation was debian 2.1 linux and I administered a number of linux
machines and these machines were very stable: they were up 24hrs/day
pretty much all year round.

I suspect that the problem is most likely related to my labtop hardware.
Could someone tell
me what I need to do to resolve this annoying problem? Thanks in
advance.
Please send a copy of any reply to "carlton.davis@bell.ca".

--
Carlton