Re: laptop "metapackage"

On Fri, Sep 24, 1999 at 11:02:38PM +0200, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> > beginning and it's quite unlikely that a new comer to the net will even know
> > where to find a uucp connection.

> Unfortunately, yes, most recent ISP know nothing besides basic DNS, SMTP and
> Web hosting (and often not even that).

Even without any usability concerns, this is the killer problem with
UUCP.  I would imagine that most people who would want UUCP will be able
to find it by themselves and most people who don't know they want UUCP
won't be able to figure out something useful to do with it in a hurry.

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/